On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Karl Dubost <kdub...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> 1. You do not need to register a domain name to have a Web site (IP address)

Name one site you visit regularly that doesn't have a domain name. And
even then, you can get certificates for public IP addresses.

> 2. You do not need to register a domain name to run a local blah.test.site

We should definitely allow whitelisting of sorts for developers. As a
start localhost will be a privileged context by default. We also have
an override in place for Service Workers.

This is not a reason not to do HTTPS. This is something we need to
improve along the way.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/