Hi people,

I've spent the last week or so articulating some thoughts on navigation
transitions. This is something I've thought about before (as I'm sure a lot
of us have), but seeing Google's proposal encouraged me to get it written
down. I'm not a huge fan of all aspects of their proposal, so I've made my
own: http://chrislord.net/?p=273&preview=1&_ppp=0afe20d87f

I think my proposal is simpler to understand and simpler to implement
(indeed, I've made a small library that partially implements this outside
of the browser - currently this only works in Gecko browsers though),
though more limited than Google's proposal on the surface.

This is geared towards making simple transitions (sliding, fading) very
easy to implement, but without precluding more complex multi-part
animations.

I'd appreciate any feedback (even if it's "You're an idiot and this is not
how we go about this") before taking this any further.

Cheers,

--Chris