This message is about bug 917999 - "Split test package into per-suite
packages", more can be found there.

I'm working on a set of patches to do this, but the assumption that a build
comes with a "tests.zip" that has all of the tests to run against that
build seems likely to be a part of more tools than I'm aware of. If you
maintain such a tool, please file a bug blocking 917999 and adjust your
tool based on the information below and/or contact me directly. I'll do
what I can to help.

If you have a tool that looks for a tests.zip in order to run tests, that
tool may need to be modified to keep working. We're planning to do this in
mozharness by uploading a manifest that will map from test harness names
('mochitest', 'cppunittests', etc) to a list of file names that are the
test packages required for that harness. In most cases there is a "common"
zip and a zip specifically including the harness' support files and tests
(in cases a harness' name does not appear in the manifest, that harness has
not been split, and everything required to run that harness will be in the
common zip).

I'm planning to have this done and landed by the end of the quarter, and
likely by the end of May.

Chris