>> Should fixing shutdown hangs be higher priority?

Starting and shutting down properly (and quickly), IMO, fall into the
"core quality" / "no compromise" / "we have to get this right" bucket.

So making it higher priority sounds aligned with the Three Pillars.

>> And if so, should we allow features with shutdown hangs to be released?

Probably depends on the feature and how frequent / severe the shutdown
hangs are with it. Not sure we can make a blanket judgement right here
and now about it, unless we want to go hard-line on this.