> Should fixing shutdown hangs be higher priority?
> And if so, should we allow features with shutdown hangs to be released?

I admit to skimming over shutdown-hang signatures when looking at
topcrash lists. In my experience they're often longstanding issues that
are difficult to diagnose and rarely end in a successful fix. Given
infinite resources, we should absolutely work on these hangs. In
practice though, we always have more bugs than time, so I tend to focus
my efforts on other topcrashes that we have a better chance of fixing.

A possible exception is for new, never-before-seen shutdown hangs. Those
are likely to be more actionable since we often have a clear regression
range. I think it would be fair to consider those a blocker for the
associated feature.