On 7/7/15 11:36 AM, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
FWIW, I did a quick poll of the people in our Gfx daily. Here are the results:

To add some more split opinions to the situation, I rather like the aArgument form precisely because it makes it easier to trace dataflow. Though the fact that some functions assign to the aArgument does make it harder.

On the other hand, the last time we had this conversation (it just keeps happening, doesn't it?) roc pointed out that the aFoo convention makes it harder to refactor things into helper functions (or out of them): suddenly something that was a function local becomes an argument to the helper, and you have to rename it throughout the helper function body. I seem to recall that he also posited that this makes us less willing to refactor things into smaller functions than we should be. I don't have a good counterargument for this; I think he's right about this drawback of the aFoo convention.

-Boris