Hi

Am 16.07.2015 um 00:47 schrieb Jeff Gilbert:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Thomas Zimmermann
> <tzimmerm...@mozilla.com <mailto:tzimmerm...@mozilla.com>> wrote:
>
>     The discussion has a number of good points in favor of using 'a',
>     but I
>     missed convincing arguments in favor of not using 'a'. Are there
>     any? I
>     don't consider "I don't get what 'a' is good for" a convincing
>     argument.
>

> On the other hand, I'm still unconvinced by the pro-'a' arguments I've
> read here. Besides roc's point about refactoring, the argument against
> aFoo is mainly about whether the information added is worth the noise.
> Adding information is not always worth it, since useless information
> is noise.

One man's noise is another man's information. ;) Your arguments here and
below are of the "I don't need it so it's useless" type.

The core question is: How does removing this prefix help us in producing
better code? To me, 'producing' includes 'writing' and
'reviewing/reading'. Using 'a' seems helpful to at least some reviewers.
If we remove the prefix, does this improve the writing part
significantly enough to make it worthwhile? My answer is "No".

Best regards
Thomas