On Wednesday 2015-08-19 10:43 +1200, Chris Pearce wrote:
> We recently had a false positive Talos regression on our team, which turned
> out to be caused by a change to the test machine coinciding with our push.
> This took up a bunch of energy and time away from our team, which we really
> can't afford.

I though we'd collectively learned this lesson a number of times in
the past, but it seems to keep happening.  Machine configuration
changes need to either happen in the repository or happen as part of
a tree closure in which all runs complete, the configuration change
is made, a dummy changeset is pushed to all trees, and the trees
reopened.

I think this is in violation of
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Sheriffing/Job_Visibility_Policy#Must_avoid_patterns_known_to_cause_non_deterministic_failures
(see the first bullet point).