On 11/30/2015 3:43 PM, Chris AtLee wrote:
The RelEng, Cloud Services and Taskcluster teams have been doing a lot of
work behind the scenes over the past few months to migrate the backend
storage for builds from the old "FTP" host to S3. While we've tried to make
this as seamless as possible, the new system is not a 100% drop-in
replacement for the old system, resulting in some confusion about where to
find certain types of builds.

At the same time, we've been working on publishing builds to the
Taskcluster Index [1]. This service provides a way to find a build given
various different attributes, such as its revision or date it was built.
Our plan is to make the index be the primary mechanism for discovering
build artifacts. As part of the ongoing buildbot to Taskcluster migration
project, builds happening on Taskcluster will no longer upload to
https://archive.mozilla.org (aka https://ftp.mozilla.org). Once we shut off
platforms in buildbot, the index will be the only mechanism for discovering
new builds.

I posted to planet Mozilla last week [2] with some more examples and
details. Please explore the index, and ask questions about how to find what
you're looking for!

Cheers,
Chris

[1] http://docs.taskcluster.net/services/index/
[2] http://atlee.ca/blog/posts/firefox-builds-on-the-taskcluster-index.html

If I understand correctly, Taskcluster builds are only archived for one year, whereas we have nightly archives going back 10+ years now. What are our options for long-term archiving in this setup?