On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Douglas Turner <do...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Mike -- totally supportive of this. I would *love* to see a release cycle
> completely dedicated to quality.  We branch again on January 26.  We could
> use that cycle to focus on nothing but quality (fixing tests, bug triaging,
> no feature development at all).
>
> Thoughts?

-1

This has been tried numerous times on fxos without success.  While it might
get oranges down temporarily, its not putting a system in place to address
the problem over the long haul.

I'd rather see us do:

1) Raise the visibility of oranges.  Post the most frequent intermittents
without an owner to dev-platform every N days.
2) Make its someone's job to find owners for top oranges.  I believe RyanVM
used to do that, but not sure if its still happening now that he has
changed roles.

Ben