On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Eric Rescorla <e...@rtfm.com> wrote:

> Following up in this. We're not the first people to have autoland, so is
> there some reason
> not to simply copy what others do here. Specifically, here's the Chromium
> commitbot
> behavior: https://www.chromium.org/developers/testing/commit-queue

I don't think that policy really solves for putting the patch author in
clear control, or enabling a lands-when-reviewed workflow.  That's why I
suggested a different flag to allow authors and reviewers to explicitly
incorporate autoland into the workflow on an opt-in basis.

tl;dr

* We should make it easy for authors to explicitly opt-in to reviewer-lands
as a workflow.
* If the patch author doesn't opt in, we should assume business as usual.

-- Mike