On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Dave Townsend <dtowns...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Eric Rescorla <e...@rtfm.com> wrote:
>
> More generally, I keep seeing comments (especially from GPS) about
> > trying to push people towards some workflow that's different from the
> > patch-based workflow that's the modal bugzilla workflow that I suspect
> > most people now use. That doesn't seem like an especially valuable
> > goal for this work.
>
> I disagree. The workflow everyone is used to is the workflow that
> bugzilla essentially forces on us. Given the choice is it the workflow
> everyone would use? For some maybe but given how many people I see
> using mozreview now (even though it still has its problems) when the
> old workflow is still perfectly usable suggests that this new workflow
> is preferable to many and so this work is valuable. Some issues aside
> I find it much more more straightforward to use.

It's important to separate issues of workflow from issues of UI. I still
prefer
Mozreview for significant-sized Gecko patches despite the general clunkiness
of the workflow because ReviewBoard is so much better at showing what
changed than splinter is. But when I have a choice (e.g., for isolated
projects like NSS) I use Rietveld and when it's small I use Splinter,
because
I find them generally easier to work with.

-Ekr