To date, our continuous integration has been setting
'xpinstall.signatures.required=false' to bypass addon signing. But soon,
this pref will become obsolete and Firefox will enforce signing no
matter what.

In preparation, we will begin signing extensions that are used in our
test automation. If you maintain one of these addons, it means you will
be required to re-sign it everytime a change is made. For more
information on what this means, how to sign addons or how to bypass
signing completely, see the following document:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/EngineeringProductivity/HowTo/SignExtensions

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
Andrew