On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Chris Peterson <cpeter...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> On 5/5/16 8:23 PM, sfbay.mapfi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> The best option, from my perspective (supporting a wide array of users,
>> OS versions, hardware), is to make the final 10.6-10.8 version be (or
>> become) the next ESR with a startup page providing them with the choice and
>> action buttons/links.
>>

> Making the upcoming final 10.6–10.8 release (Firefox 47?) an ESR is an
> interesting idea. It's a unfortunate that ESR 45 was just released.
> Enterprises may already be deploying ESR 45 and not want to test and deploy
> another ESR so soon.

It's Firefox 48, three versions after ESR 45, which is roughly halfway
before the next ESR.

Could we probably make Firefox 48 a half-ESR, whose support term is
extended to the end of ESR 45, so that people don't need to downgrade to
ESR 45 to get security updates for the rest of the time, and enterprises
don't need to deploy this version if they do not have many affected
machines.

- Xidorn