<mz...@mozilla.com>
Hey,

So I was just informed that Mozilla isn't a member of the ARIA working
group which shocked me, we have however had a hand in the spec over the
years (I have cc'd those mentioned).

I notice over the years some disappointment with the spec as it being a
separate module to semantics in HTML itself however I don't see a real
opposition not to be in the group. This seems more of a formality when the
group split into two working groups.

It appears that ARIA 1.1 is moving to be resolved in the next few weeks so
if we had any objections we would need to move now I have been told.

*role="password"* has been added to the spec:
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/aria.html#password and I jotted my
objections in a post:
https://jotter.jonathankingston.co.uk/blog/2016/05/16/role-password-is-not-wise/

My post was largely dismissed in this mail:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016May/0126.html

Is it worth us joining? Can we discuss the wider use of ARIA itself?
Rushing to standardise features seems a shame.

Thanks