On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM, Gregory Szorc <g...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Also, I anticipate the techniques and tools used to import Servo's history
> and keep it "synchronized" have uses outside of Servo. Our current
> mechanisms for keeping upstream/third party projects in sync with
> mozilla-central are not well standardized. I'd really like the work to
> support Servo to be used for other projects as well. This potentially
> includes a future where certain directories in mozilla-central are
> effectively developed on GitHub or are using other "non-standard"
> workflows.

Does that mean that crates under third_party/rust/ are going to have
their entire histories imported in the future? Currently, they only
have vendoring-time snapshots.

If so:

1) Will the history before import likewise be hidden from bisect?

2) How are we going to review the history of genuinely third-party
crates for stuff we shouldn't host? E.g. are we going to do licensing
review on the past revisions of an imported crate in addition to
vetting its current state?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@hsivonen.fi