On 2017-02-03 2:01 PM, Steve Fink wrote:
Typo/whitespace - No bug is fine, but if it is associated with a recent landing of some bug, then you should use that bug number anyway. Makes uplifts cleaner.

Whitespace errors seem like a wierd thing for an engineer to be working on?. Code cleanup bugs are how a lot of people get started, and could also have automatic formatting. Employees pushing whitespace around seems like a distant third-best.

While I also don't want people to suffer from unnecessary process overhead, I also want small-change bugs to be discoverable by people trying to start contributing. I'm not sure where that line is, but changes without bugs means nobody else could have helped make those changes.

- mhoye