On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 3:45 PM, Milan Sreckovic <msrecko...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> First step needs to happen completely before the second step does, so I
> guess the danger is that we start and give up before we get to step 2.  I
> don't think that will happen, but it is something we should always think
> about.

It may be possible to automate most if not all of step 1 using an
automated refactoring based on clang's AST matchers (the same thing
our static analyses are based on). Then we could do step 1 all at
once, and even do before/after performance comparisons before
committing to it. Worth exploring, I think.

Cheers,
Botond