On 3/1/17 5:03 PM, Kip Gilbert wrote:
We have worked directly with the other WebVR platform implementers to ensure
compatibility.

OK, but what is the actual state of that compatibility?

https://github.com/w3c/webvr/issues/197#issuecomment-283492774 and https://github.com/w3c/webvr/issues/195#issuecomment-283493130 sure sound like at least Brandon is not on board with those parts of the current API, and he's one of the spec editors.

We have regularly scheduled video calls and F2F meetings to improve the spec
and remove any ambiguity.  We have formed a W3C community working group.

That's good. The question that bothers me is how this interacts with the ship schedule.

[1]  For example, what does the VRFrameData constructor actually do? The spec
doesn't define it at all.  Where is the VRPose inside supposed to come from?
What values will it contain?  I filed https://github.com/w3c/webvr/issues/195
on this, but note that I've spent all of about 5 minutes skimming the spec and
ran into this.  I have _not_ done a careful read looking for possible interop
problems...

VRFrameData is described as receiving the output of the VRDisplay.getFrameData
function:

Yes, but that's totally unrelated to my question about what the _constructor_ does....

-Boris