On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 02:38:38PM -0500, Joel Maher wrote:
On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Kris Maglione <kmagli...@mozilla.com> wrote:
It would be nice if, rather than disabling the test, we could just annotate so that it would still run, and show up in Orange Factor, but wouldn't turn the job orange. And make sure someone is CCed on the bug to get the daily/weekly nag emails.

I have liked this idea in the past, this falls more into the |intermittent-if = parameters| category, which seems like one of the better middle of the road scenarios. We would need slightly better tooling to ensure we are catching the exact regression vs the same testcase failing. We still have to define a role for auto classification (already on in-tree) and this suggestion would overlap heavily with that- I do know we have an intern starting this summer to work on autoclassification :)

Oh, yeah, it would be great if we could auto-classify based on the specific failure. It would keeping the test running much more useful. But failing that, I'd still rather we keep the test running and accept any failures than disable it entirely. Then we'd hopefully at least catch if it turns perma-orange or its frequency increases.