On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:42 PM, Robert O'Callahan
<rob...@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Jeff Gilbert <jgilb...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm interested to find out how the new Ryzen chips do. It should fit
>>> their niche well. I have one at home now, so I'll test when I get a
>>> chance.
>>>

>> Ryzen currently on Linux implies no rr, so beware of that.
>
> A contributor almost got Piledriver working with rr, but that was
> based on "LWP" features that apparently are not in Ryzen. If anyone
> finds any detailed documentation of the hardware performance counters
> in Ryzen, let us know! All I can find is PR material.

I have NDA access to at least some of the Ryzen documentation and I
haven't been able to find anything more on the performance counters
other than:

AMD64 Architecture Programmer’s Manual
Volume 2: System Programming
3.27 December 2016

This document is already publicly available.

I also have one of the chips so I can test code. If there are specific
questions I can also forward them through our AMD contacts.

-Jeff