On 05/12/2017 06:59 PM, Dustin Mitchell wrote:
Yep, this caused problems in automation (we ended up setting
I_PREFER_A_SUBOPTIMAL_MERCURIAL_EXPERIENCE_THANK_YOu or whatever the
env var was).  I agree that a quick warn-and-continue would be fine.
Especially for git users.  ;-)

Speaking of nagging that can be off putting, I have to admit I almost never run mach bootstrap because it forces me make a decision about how I want mercurial to be updated which I don't use. The only times I run mach bootstrap are on fresh installs of OSes and past that, I stick to manually updating my tools when things that depend on them break.

Dustin

Didn't it somehow cause builds to fail? A gentle reminder is probably fine.
TBH I'd be fine if it auto-updated but maybe I'm in the minority.