On 07/26/2017 04:58 AM, David Teller wrote:
Well, at least there is the matter of feature detection, for people who
want to write code that will work in more than just Firefox.
moz-prefixing makes it clear that the feature can be absent on some
browsers.
Until the day that said other browser gets forced into implementing those prefixed names due to reasons such as mass adoption of the prefixed names by developers. Here is a practical example from recent history: https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/8a61c71153a79cda2e1ae7d477564347c607cc5f/dom/webidl/HTMLInputElement.webidl#224

Cheers,
  David