On Tuesday 2017-08-08 14:12 -0700, jma...@mozilla.com wrote:
> As Firefox 57 is on trunk, we are shipping e10s by default.  This means that
> our primary support is for e10s.  As part of this, there is little to no need
> to run duplicated tests in non-e10s and e10s mode.
>
> In bug 1386689, we have turned them off.  There was some surprise in doing
> this and some valid concerns expressed in comments in the bug.  Given that, I
> thought we should bring this information to a wider audience on dev.platform
> so more developers are aware of the change.

Has there been any additional effort to deal with tests that have
been disabled under e10s?  This change means we've essentially
turned off a decent number of tests.

Some of these tests show up in these searches:
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/search?q=skip-if+%3D+e10s
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/search?q=skip-if%28browserIsRemote
although that search isn't exhaustive, and contains some tests that
we still run under some conditions.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,