On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:

> Hmm.  Do we load about:blank from the url bar in a content process?

Yes.

I agree, I find it annoying too that we have to rely on MOZ_DEBUG_CHILD_PROCESS
or MOZ_DEBUG_CHILD_PAUSE and that I have to be clever all the time about
how to hit the right process at the right time with the debugger. I never
switched back to non-e10s though since I don't trust that everything will
work the same and I don't think that should be the solution. Switching back
to single content process for debugging should come with less side effects
though... Also, this is not just an e10s/e10s-multi related issues we're
adding all kind of processes (extension/gpu/plugin/etc.).

I didn't file a bug about this but I've been trying to find a decent
solution for it, but it seems like it's not trivial in any debugger (msvc,
gdb, lldb). Or maybe I was just hoping to find something better than what
seems to be achievable. Anyway, let's start with the bug: Bug 1388693.

Gabor