IMO: Never else-for. (or else-while)

Else-if is a reasonable continuation of concept: "Well it wasn't that,
what if it's this instead?"
Else-for is just shorthand for "well it wasn't that, so let's loop
over something".

Else-if is generally used for chaining, often effectively as an
advanced switch/match statement.

I've never actually seen else-for, but I imagine it would be used for:
if (!foo) {
} else for (i = 0; i < foo->bar; i++) {
}

I don't think this pattern has enough value to be acceptable as
shorthand. BUT, I didn't know it was a thing until now, so I'm
naturally biased against it.