On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Emilio Cobos Álvarez <emi...@crisal.io>
wrote:

> On 10/25/2017 07:59 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> > On 10/25/17 1:34 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
> >> Also, due to ongoing work around Rust integration in the build system,
> it
> >> is dangerous to rely on manual `cargo` invocations to compile Rust
> >> because
> >> bypassing the build system (not using `mach build`) may not use the same
> >> set of RUSTFLAGS that direct `cargo` invocations do. Things were
> >> mostly in
> >> sync before. But this change and anticipated future changes will cause
> >> more
> >> drift. If you want the correct behavior, use `mach`.
> >
> > Is something like "mach cargo-geckolib check" from within the servo/
> > directory still expected to work sanely?
>
> That's from the servo/ tree, right?
>
> From mozilla-central I've been using ./mach cargo check gkrust, and I
> certainly expect it to keep working.

There is a `mach cargo` defined in both
python/mozbuild/mozbuild/mach_commands.py and
servo/python/servo/mach_commands.py. The former is accessed via `mach` and
the latter via `servo/mach`.

mozilla-central's `mach cargo` goes through the Firefox build system to
invoke cargo and appears to do the right thing.