>On 2017-10-25 1:34 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
>> Adding --enable-release to your mozconfig (the configuration for builds we
>> ship to users) enables -Copt-level=2. (i.e. we didn't change optimization
>> settings for builds we ship to users.)
>
>I've added a note about this to our benchmarking instructions at
>https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Benchmarking#Rust_optimization_level

Note that this means that profiles taken with local builds will be "off"
compared to Nightly/etc, unless you rebuild with extra options.  How
much off?  probably not a lot unless you're super-focused on Rust code,
but that's just a guess.

--
Randell Jesup, Mozilla Corp
remove "news" for personal email