Boris,

I didn't intent to start any offensive questioning nor did I intend to be
unprecise or favor Chrome in any way. (I am actually using FF more than Chrome
myself).

And I was not aware of what you found out. In my own post at SO I did mention
that you need to enable it and that is only possible with the dev chrome
version (which I meant when I said "early" version).

Sorry if I over-simplified "spec" vs. "working draft".

Indeed, in the post you mentioned this experiment is targeted for 63-65 and it
is open if they stay with it which I hope they do.

Having said, is there an official way in Firefox to use the Magnetometer?

cheers
Stefan