On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 02:22:26PM -0500, Ted Mielczarek wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 06:54 AM, Alexey Zvyagin wrote:
Hi!

I made some crashes by hands (crashfirefox.exe) in Windows 7 and in Unix
through kill -ABRT

What are the symptoms? In random moments the Firefox v56.* has only-one
core CPU 100% eating. In Windows 7 (64bit) & Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTE
64bit)

Reports are here:

Ubuntu OS:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/0b0e6273-26fb-482e-b033-c91be1171101
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/237ae0e4-6eb2-4c8b-87e8-3c2471171101
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/7ddfad60-8f3e-4495-a05f-5d6d21171110
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/95468eb1-28b2-40f7-8f0c-8a7261171110
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/cd310102-c547-486f-bbd3-0b7791171110
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/6df179b4-721a-4440-97e5-059d21171110

Windows 7:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/8e172c11-2367-43b1-98f2-128251171113#allthreads

Hi Alexey,

These crashes all seem to be stuck in sqlite code querying the places
database that contains browsing history. In the Windows crash, you can
see that thread 0 is waiting on a sqlite mutex for the database, and
thread 44 is in the middle of running some sort of sqlite query, so
presumably it's holding the mutex.

These are actually all bookmark queries, and unfortunately, main-thread, blocking bookmark queries, at that.

My best guess would also be an extension, but WebExtensions at least should not be hitting these code paths.