>Hi all,
>
>I recently landed some test infrastructure for testing event targets for
>memory leaks.  This was part of fixing my service worker memory leak in bug
>1447871.  I wanted to let people know this existed and also ask for help
>writing tests for more event targets.
>
>To repeat, I need help writing more tests.  Please see the list of untested
>APIs at the bottom of this email.

>There are many, many event targets in the system, though.  Using searchfox
>to look for subclasses of DOMEventTargetHelper I came up with a list of
>event targets that are not currently tested.  Some of these are deprecated
>or not exposed.  But a lot of these are web exposed.  It would be really
>great to get this kind of simple leak test written for these APIs.

I'm surprises that DOMDataChannel wasn't found:
nsDOMDataChannel.h:
  class nsDOMDataChannel final : public mozilla::DOMEventTargetHelper,

perhaps you were looking for "public DOMEventTargetHelper"?

I also find nsScreen and nsDOMOfflineResourceList using
mozilla::DOMEventTargetHelper

Are there any events implemented in JS that we need to worry about?  For
example, there are a lot of events (and a number of objects) defined for
WebRTC as part of dom/media/PeerConnection.js

--
Randell Jesup, Mozilla Corp
remove "news" for personal email