On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:31 PM, mhoye <mh...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Well, more than a day or two. The MIT license is fine to include, and we
> have a pile of MIT-licensed code in-tree already.
>
> Other already-in-tree MPL-2.0 compatible licenses - the "just do it" set,
> basically - include Apache 2.0, BSD 2- and 3-clause, LGPL 2.1 and 3.0, GPL
> 3.0 and the Unicode Consortium's ICU.

Does "just do it" imply that it's now OK to import that stuff without
an analog of the previous r+ from Gerv?

> For anything not on that list a legal bug is def. the next step.

For test files, i.e. stuff that doesn't get linked into libxul, we
also have precedent for the MPL-incompatible CC-by and CC-by-sa. I
hope we can add these to the above list.

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:33 AM, Mike Hommey <m...@glandium.org> wrote:
> The above list is for tests. For things that go in Firefox, it's more
> complicated. LGPL have requirements that makes us have to put all LGPL
> libraries in a separate dynamic library (liblgpllibs), and GPL can't be
> used at all.

For stuff that goes into Firefox, MIT and BSD (and, I'm guessing,
Apache with NOTICE file) involve editing
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/toolkit/content/license.html
, too.

--
Henri Sivonen