On 2018-05-18 3:30 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:31 PM, mhoye <mh...@mozilla.com> wrote:
Well, more than a day or two. The MIT license is fine to include, and we
have a pile of MIT-licensed code in-tree already.

Other already-in-tree MPL-2.0 compatible licenses - the "just do it" set,
basically - include Apache 2.0, BSD 2- and 3-clause, LGPL 2.1 and 3.0, GPL
3.0 and the Unicode Consortium's ICU.
Does "just do it" imply that it's now OK to import that stuff without
an analog of the previous r+ from Gerv?

I'm putting together a licensing runbook with Legal's help, and the aim of that will be getting us to that point. As well, Glob is building some logic into Phabricator to automate a bunch of this stuff on ingest as well. Between those two things, the end goal will be both a document and a documented process that will let us import stuff that's already licensed acceptably without a round trip through legal or, and god help us all if I ever become a rate-limiting factor on dev velocity here, me.

For right now, though, I think the right thing is to assume that my understanding is incomplete, file the licensing bug, get the r+. I'll do my best to get through them as soon as I see them.

- mhoye