On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, at 6:29 PM, Karl Tomlinson wrote:
> Is there a plan to avoid the contrast problems we have mixing
> document colors with system colors in other widgets?
>
> e.g. If one scrollbar color is specified by the document, then what ensures
> that other parts of the scrollbar are visually distinct?
>
> Does the computed value of the other scrollbar color change so
> that it contrasts with the specified color?

There are only two scrollbar color properties. If a platform has other parts
which need different colors, we would derive such colors from the given one
based on the native scheme and constrast.

> I see some such code in GetScrollbarArrowColor(), but I haven't found
> something similar for track and thumb.  Does something ensure the thumb will
> be visible?

Both track and thumb are specified by the author, so no, there is nothing
ensures that thumb will be visible if the author specifically want to hide it.

> What if the user has a high contrast theme for accessibility
> reasons?  Does this override document colors?

It follows the same color overriding settings that if
browser.display.document_color_use is the default value, and the user is using
high contrast theme, those properties would be ignored during style cascading,
and consequently no custom scrollbar would be used.

- Xidorn