> Isn't this the same as supplying the crossOrigin:anonymous option to
> fetch()?

That is true, that is why I wrote "in other features".

For example, if multiple www-authenticate headers are send, fetch will return
them as a list joined by "," while XHR returns them as a list joined by "\n".
Since a digest auth header includes "," itself, XHR is for me the better option
here.

Also I have not yet been able to eval cert errors on connections with fetch(),
which I can do with XHR. For fetch() I just  get a general network error. Maybe
there is a way, but I have not found it yet.