On 9/17/2018 1:31 PM, Botond Ballo wrote:
One potential issue here is that an assertion failure in Nightly
builds might be simultaneously very annoying (because it crashes the
browser of Nightly users every time it occurs) and not very actionable
(because no reliable STR can be found for it).

I would also be concerned about data loss and profile corruption when an assertion crashes the browser. I don't think we'll have a very easy time convincing people to do anything non-trivial with Nightly if there's a pretty good chance that they completely lose the fruits of their labour.

I'd hope that this wouldn't be too frequent a problem, but it probably depends on the assertion, and the state of the durability of our user profiles.