On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 9/24/18 4:04 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> How important is --enable-shared-js? I gather its use case is making
>> builds faster for SpiderMonkey developers.
>

> My use case for it is to be able to use the "exclude samples from library X"
> or "collapse library X" tools in profilers (like Instruments) to more easily
> break down profiles into "page JS" and "Gecko things".

OK.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Mike Hommey <m...@glandium.org> wrote:
>> How important is --enable-shared-js? I gather its use case is making
>> builds faster for SpiderMonkey developers. Is that the only use case?
>
> for _Gecko_ developers.

This surprises me. Doesn't the build system take care of not
rebuilding SpiderMonkey if it hasn't been edited? Is this only about
the link time?

What's the conclusion regarding next steps? Should I introduce
js_-prefixed copies of the four Rust FFI functions that I want to make
available to SpiderMonkey?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@mozilla.com