On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 3:36 AM Joel Maher <jma...@mozilla.com> wrote:

>>> users.
>>> want to
>>>

> Fennec runs the full set of tests, there is no need to run non-e10s tests
> on desktop to support Fennec.

I had the impression that we had a fair number of tests disabled under
Fennec, but maybe not. In any case - insofar as non-e10s is a supported
platform, it's useful to be able to hit those failures directly on Desktop
tests rather than armv7 emulators - so there's still value in keeping 1proc
enabled until Fennec EOL.

> From reading this thread we are keeping a lot of code around and tests
> around to support local debugging.  As we already run mochitest-chrome on
> all platforms in non-e10s, is this not enough coverage to ensure everything
> works for debugging?  If not, could we add a simple test to
> mochitest-chrome in order to ensure our local debugging scenarios work as
> needed?

Yeah, I agree that running a full 1proc suite in perpetuity is too
expensive, both in machine time and maintenance. I think a more limited
subset of smoketests is probably the way to go.