On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:15 AM Henri Sivonen <hsivo...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> In general, it seems problematic to organize headers based on whether
> they have associated .cpp or crate code. I'd expect developers to look
> for stuff under mfbt/ instead of some place else, since developers
> using the header shouldn't have to know if the implementation is
> header-only or not. :-(

Notably, in my case the functions would logically belong in Utf8.h
(which already has Utf8.cpp under mfbt/) and in TextUtils.h. What
should my r+ expectations be if I put the entry points there despite
the code requiring linking with Rust crates that SpiderMonkey (and,
therefore, Gecko) depends on? Do we have some #ifdef for excluding
parts of mfbt/ when mfbt/ is being used in a non-SpiderMonkey/Gecko
context?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@mozilla.com