Hi, those familiar with test infrastructure

I am sorry that I am piggybacking my question/comment on a not directly related topic.

During xpcshell test of TB, no display (of X11, say, under linux) is shown. Is this a design decision and is to be expected?

If TB tries to show an error message using X11 dialog when it encounters an error condition,
it fails miserably during xpcshell test since no display is available.
I had to disable a code to show an error using a dialog because of this issue with xpcshell test  some years ago.

So I am just curious if the decision to inhibit any graphical output during xpcshell test is a conscious decision or not. If there is a global variable/function that can tell whether TB is running under xpcshell test, I could have conditionally enable the graphical error dialog and still pass the xpcshell test.

TIA

Chiaki