Hi everybody

Many changes to mozilla-central code require complementary changes to comm-central code. Communication about this hasn't always been effective, which leads to breakages that could have been prevented, and wasted developer time.

We now have a dedicated Bugzilla component for alerting Thunderbird's developers about such things: Thunderbird - Upstream Synchronization. Please use it to keep us informed of impending changes that we'll need to deal with.

Thank you to those who do keep us informed. I hope having a dedicated component makes your life easier as well as ours.

GL