On 09/04/14 11:57, Moudrick M. Dadashov wrote:
<snip>
Comodo operate intermediate CAs for several of our partners in a
similar fashion.  The partner is named in the intermediate
certificate's Subject organizationName, but it is Comodo who controls
the intermediate CA private key and checks each certificate request.

Rob, should we call this as "Hosted CA" or "CA hosting" service?

Hi Moudrick. Yes, something like that, although I'd prefer to call this something that explicitly states that it's the Issuer of the Intermediate CA that controls the private key (and not, as you might expect, the Subject). If we can think of a suitable term...

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist