On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 02:42:05PM +0200, Certificates wrote:
> I don't read the CP (specifically, s2.4) as confirming "that the Applicant
> controls the Fully-Qualified Domain Name" (as per BR 1.1.9 s.9.2.1).
>
> KIR's answer:
>
> To get a SSL certificate client has to provide(CSP s.3.2):

That's presumably supposed to be "CPS", not "CSP" (I noted that error
frequently throughout the documents themselves; you might want to get that
corrected).

> -agreement,
> -order,
> -document confirming rights to the domain .

What valid forms can this document take?  What steps are taken to verify or
validate that information?

> Identification and authentication includes (CSP s.3.2, 3.2.2, CP s.2.4):
>
> 1. verification of agreement (we check if the company exist, who sign
> agreement, if it is entitled representative),
> 2. verification of order (we check who sign order, if it is entitled
> representative, if the data given in order are correct),
> 3. verification whether the client has granted the right to the domain (we
> check who is an owner of the domain);

How is that ownership check performed?

> 4. verification whether the client controls the domain (we ask to place
> data indicated by KIR on server);
> 5. identity of person authorised to represent client (we meet face to face
> with that person).
>
> If it is still unclear in CSP we can make it more clarified.

That would be appreciated.

> > > Note that test cerificates have their own policy's distinguished
> > > identifier (s 2.5 CP).
> >
> > Are you asking Mozilla to blacklist certificates marked with that OID
> from
> > being trusted?  If not, the fact that they have such an identifier is
> > irrelevant for the purposes of determining trustworthiness.
> >
> > I am not sure if Mozilla has implemented funcionality like blacklist for
>
> > certificates marked with OID. As we can see other CAs do not force their
>
> > subscriber to show their ID even during issuing non-test certificates.
> We
> > check subscribers identity face to face.
>
> That is not clear from the CPS.
>
> KIR's answer:
>
> When issuing test certificate, we check the points 1 -4 listed above, and
> the validy of the renewed certifcate.

That would be a good clarification to place in the CPS itself.

- Matt