> At least there'd be clarity about the immediate removal on discovery.

I find it hard to believe that a business centered entirely around the
CA business would self-report this or any other issue if they knew it
would lead to removal. At the moment, the only incentive to report is
the potential greater damage from not doing it. If the entire business
is a CA and it's removed, then it's over. They have no incentive to
comply with a policy that would bankrupt them.

In fact, I'd expect that they could easily get in trouble for not
looking out for shareholder interests if they comply with a policy
that's above and beyond what is required by law. Is there any legal
weight behind the policies?

Mozilla is fine with continuing to empower a Chinese government
apparatus with the ability to MITM people around the world, even after
they are caught red-handed with such a certificate issued. Hard to
believe any explanation they offer about the existence of said
certificate. It's not hard for the Chinese military to set up a shell
company in the Middle East.