So my understanding of this is that Symantec knowns that the
other CAs have not been audited as required under the Mozilla
policy, that they shouldn't have signed those certs, but refuse to
revoke it because they're being paid for it.  This is in my
opinion just not acceptable.

Either Symantec's CP/CPS is not compatible with the Mozilla
Policy in which case the Symantec root should be removed,
or they're not following it in which case they should revoke that
certificate.

Kurt