TBH, the OWASP Top Ten is not really a metric, it's a set of general bins
of threats.  There's no such thing as "passing the OWASP Top Ten".

I think you're going to struggle to establish any sort of objective,
general criteria.  These protocol bugs are challenging to find and specific
to different operational models.

Honestly, I think the best thing for the industry is to align around one
issuance API so that CAs don't have to keep reinventing the wheel.  In
addition to all the benefits that come from code reuse, it means that you
can go ahead and nail down a bunch of security stuff, so that there are
fewer ways for a CA deploying a new API to screw up.  For example, several
of the issues with the StartEncrypt API have already been raised on the
ACME mailing list and addressed in the draft protocol.  (And to be clear,
though I obviously think ACME is the bee's knees, I would be just as happy
to get alignment around *a* protocol.)

--Richard