As we might have expected, following Symantec's goof last week, they have now
initiated a formal application on behalf of TSYS

https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2016-July/007999.html

I haven't been able to find the "version 1.1" process referred to in that post,
version 1.0 was proposed by Andrew Whalley of Google back in June. Unless
version 1.1 changes things significantly, the purpose of publishing the
to-be-signed certificates (tbsCertificates) is to obtain feedback on their
contents, so that the risk being taken is understood in advance of signing.

These appear to be essentially the same identities as for the mis-issued
certificates from the earlier thread. They are in most respects other than the
use of SHA-1 unremarkable (it seems to me -- I encourage others, particularly
those with a lot of ASN.1 knowledge, to inspect for themselves) but one thing
stands out to me

All of the certificate subjects have either TDS-2-Ashburn-SCA-bbL6gMDyTZU8 or
TDS-2-Dallas-SCA-v2PmB4cxayEu as the OU

The trailing part of each name appears to be gibberish. It seems very unlikely
to me that there really is a "business unit" or "department" or even a meeting
room at TSYS named bbL6gMDyTZU8. So presumably this value serves some other
purpose.

IF prior SHA-1 certificates for TSYS FQDNs also had this unusual characteristic
it might be less surprising (though I would still wonder what it was for) but
looking back in crt.sh I can't see such gibberish in older certificates for
TSYS FQDNs.

e.g. this one, issued in 2015 and expired earlier this year has the
unremarkable OU = TDS-NewYork
https://crt.sh/?id=14854100

Does anyone know already of an explanation for the gibberish OU values in the
to-be-signed certificates disclosed in this application ? If not, I believe
that Mozilla should ask TSYS to explain these values or, if they cannot be
justified, that it should request the application start fresh with a subject DN
that matches one issued _prior_ to the 2016 moratorium as a show of good faith.