See previous reply, thanks.

Best Regards,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Rowley [mailto:jeremy.row...@digicert.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:41 AM
To: Peter Bowen <pzbo...@gmail.com>; Gervase Markham <g...@mozilla.org>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org; Richard Wang
<rich...@wosign.com>
Subject: RE: Incidents involving the CA WoSign

That's true. I think WoSign should chime in and provide clarity about what
happened. There's far too many innocent explanations to start crying foul.

However, the fact a researcher was able to obtain a cert without proper domain
validation is pretty serious. I'd like to hear more details about how this was
accomplished. Ports 8080 and 8443 aren't that uncommon so penalizing someone
merely for port use seems harsh when there wasn't a policy against it.