On 09/23/2016 05:53 AM, Peter Bowen wrote:
Review of StartCom audit reports
for the period 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015

Good:
- Uses AICPA standards
- Uses current criteria versions

Bad:
- Only covers two roots, not subordinate CAs (true for all three
reports: CA, BR, and EV)
- Does not provide assurance that subordinate CA certificate requests
are accurate, authenticated, and approved
- Does not provide assurance that it meets the Network and Certificate
System Security Requirements as set forth by the CA/Browser Forum

Speaking only for StartCom here, as far as I know and as per auditing standards, all intermediate CAs are audited (no external intermediates existed).

As to network security, I believe this is part of the Baseline Requirements audit. But if necessary I can ask our auditors and also WebTrust directly if there is really missing something. I assume that all is included, covered and implied, but should a mistake have happened in the statements made by the auditors I'm sure we can get a corrected statement or explanation.

--
Regards
Signer:         Eddy Nigg, Founder