On Sunday, 25 September 2016 15:35:07 UTC+1, mono...@gmail.com  wrote:
> am I the only one who a) thinks this is slightly problematic and b) is
> surprised that the cert still isn't revoked?

I don't know enough about the .sb ccTLD to be clear how problematic the
described scenario is. I would certainly like to know more. Wikipedia tells me
that .sb is operated like .uk used to be, with registrant domains appearing
only as 3LDs e.g. you used to able to buy example.co.uk but not example.uk, so
that having control of example.sb is itself exceptional, let alone www.sb

It is important to me - as a relying party - to know if there is a problem in
Comodo's domain validation which allows people to obtain certificates for names
which they do not (or perhaps, depending how .sb is run, even cannot) control.
It is not terribly important to me in principle which names are affected, but
in practice the extent of the risk might influence Mozilla's decision as to
what if anything should be done, by them or by Comodo.

However right now it's the weekend, people who do this stuff as their day job,
rather than an outside interest, may not have responded because they're busy
watching televised sports or baking cakes. I will grow more concerned if
there's no follow-up from anybody next week.